Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wilton Cake Course - Level 1 - I'm registered!!!

(Post originally posted on 2/26/2012)

Hey Cake Lovers!!!
Whew! It's been a few months since I have had a chance to blog about my cake journey.  So far it's been well a bit slow, 2012 took off with a bang and so did my schedule.  I've been tracking cake classes to see what would work with my schedule, since my weeks are so busy with my full-time job and teaching Zumba three nights out of the week it's been a bit difficult finding a class.  I'm sure you're probably wondering now when will you fit in decorating cakes?!?  Oh no worries... I will make the time!  So now we are about to enter the third month of the year and I have FINALLY found a class that will work with my hectic schedule.  Woo-hoo!

For those who are curious, you can register for cake classes at your local craft stores such as Micheal's Arts & Craft, JoAnn Fabrics, and A.C. Moore.  I will be taking my classes at JoAnn Fabrics starting this week, and I am so excited!  I happen to secure the last spot in the class, I had no clue the class would be such a popular class and fill up so fast. Go figure?!?  As soon as I registered for the class I received my supply list.  Now let me tell you...  I had flash backs of when I was in middle school shopping for supplies and I was so excited.  I immediately grabbed a basket and made a mad dash to the cake decorating section of the store.  As I was placing the items in my basket, my excitement continued to build. I have officially taken my first step towards fulfilling one of my passions.  I cannot wait for my first class!!!  (Can't you tell?)

Once I got settled in at home I dumped everything out of my bag so I could begin to familiarize myself with the various supplies. Since I am documenting my cake journey you can see the pictures below for each of the items that I purchased today.  

The basic tools needed for the Wilton Cake Decorating Basics - Level 1 are the following:

  • Decorating Basics Kit:  Includes the essential tools to get you started.  Some of the items within this kit include decorating tips, standard couplers, reusable featherweight bags, disposable decorating bags, decorating brush, cupcake nail, spatula, and many other useful tools. 
  • Decorating Basics Lesson Plan: The Lesson Plan book provides step by step processes that will be covered in the class.
  • Ready-to-use Decorating Icing
  • Meringue Powder:  Used to stabilize butter cream icing
I will go ahead and admit, I have peaked inside of the lesson plan to see what is in store for me.  I must say after reading the first few pages of the lesson plan book, I immediately got excited all over again!  I just  can't wait!!!!!  

Now that I have registered for the class there are few other essential items that I need to be pick up prior to my first class, such as a notebook, pen, sticky notes, etc. I plan to pick up these items throughout the week before class.  So it's official cake lovers I am on my way!  I will post more later on this week after my first class. Stay tuned!!!  

Until next time cake lovers... ~ xoxo L.B

No comments:

Post a Comment