Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's all about consistency!

When I say ‘it’s all about consistency’ - I mean it to the fullest!  So for week 3, we were tasked with preparing icing for decorating cupcakes.  We were told that we needed to make frosting with a medium consistency.  I made several colors for my flowers and cupcakes.  It took me a few days because due to my hectic schedule. It is really hard for me to sit down and do it all in one night.  As you will see by the picture below I made A LOT of icing! LOL


So after making of that icing, I get to class to find out that my icing is TOO thin.  Therefore I wasn’t able to decorate my cupcakes.  I was definitely not happy about hearing that my frosting is pretty much going to go to waste.  But eh…you live and you learn right?… So the moral of this story is about consistency. If your frosting is too thin you will not be able to decorate your cupcakes or cake.  Sigh……  Ah well, at least I gave it my best shot!  I will say once I got home, I did throw out the frosting since it was all too thin.   :-(

Saturday morning I woke up more determined than ever to figure out what I did wrong as far as creating the proper consistency.  After about two hours of working on icing and decorating, I was pleased with my results.  I also realized where I went wrong, I had way too much milk in my frosting. Which in turned thinned out the frosting.  You better believe I will not make that mistake again.  :-)

I will post a few pictures of my cupcakes from Saturday morning in my next post.

Stay tuned cake lovers…. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment