Thursday, April 12, 2012

Course 3: Gum Paste and Fondant - Week 1

About two weeks ago I started Course 3: Gum Paste and Fondant, another four week course that Wilton has to offer for the art of cake decorating.  Once you have completed Course 1 you have the option to take either Course 2:Flowers and Cake Design or Course 3: Gum Paste and Fondant.  I chose to take Course 3, and then loop back around to Course 2.

In class today we learned how to make the bases for the flowers that we will be making throughout the course.  Class kind of flew by and I can say I am not quite sure I understood the technique for some of the bases.  I plan to practice making all of the bases over again before the next class.  As they say practice makes perfect, so I definitely intend to practice making bases.

For the next class we will learn how to make the petals that will go along with all of the bases that we made today.  In additional to making petals we will also learn to make bows.

Below is a picture of the bases that were created today in class.  We had to create the following bases today in class:
  • Rose  - circle
  • Carnation - ruffled base
  • Mum - circle base
  • Calla Lilly -yellow oval
Flower Bases with Gum Paste

Let me know what you think by dropping me a comment.  :-)

Until the next time cake lovers....

No comments:

Post a Comment