Thursday, April 12, 2012

Prepping for my final Level 1 Class...

So this week is my final week of Course 1.  Let me just tell you the time FLEW by!  For this week, we have been tasked with putting all of the skills that we learned over the past 3 weeks together. We will then put these skills to work by decorating an entire cake.  In our Lesson Plan book there were several cakes to pick from. I picked one that had a base of flowers, topped with roses on the top.  Since I have to provide a border of flowers on the bottom of my cake, I had to make those well in advance. I have to make the flowers well in advance so that they may dry before I place them onto my cake.  I decided to go with the colors of pink, purple and yellow.  Over the weekend I made my flowers in each of the colors that I listed out above.  In addition to preparing the flowers in advance, I also must:
  • Bake a cake
  • Frost the cake
  • Prepare frosting (both thin and thick consistency)
  • Practice making roses (I will need several roses in each color for my cake for class) 
Now do you see why I went ahead and made the flowers?.... I have a lot of prep to do before putting everything together.  Don't worry, you know I will keep you posted on my progress.
But for now, below is a picture of the flowers that I prepared over the weekend. :-)



 Until next time cake lovers.... ~ L.B

No comments:

Post a Comment