Thursday, April 12, 2012

Course 1 - Level 1 - Complete!

Four fun weeks later I have successfully completed the Wilton Cake Class - Level 1.  I can honestly say I was beyond shocked as to how fast the four weeks went by. I learned a lot within those four weeks too.  For our final class we were to create a cake, utilizing all of the information we learned in the three weeks prior. In the last class we also learned how to properly write on a cake, as well as make a rose. Let me just tell you making a rose was NOT easy.  Between holding the rose pin, twirling, AND creating the rose... It was definitely a difficult task. After several failed roses, part of me wanted to give up.  But another part of me also realized practice makes perfect.  Below is a picture of the final cake that I prepared. The roses did not quite come out as I expected them to, but it was a great start. :-)



I definitely need to work on several techniques and master them, but I am happy with my results of the course. The next class that I signed up for is Course 3: Fondant and Gum Paste.  With the Wilton Cake Courses after you have completed Level 1 you can either take Course 2: Flowers or Course 3: Fondant and Gum Paste.  Course 3 worked better for my schedule and I am also very fascinated by Fondant, so Course 3 was definitely my option of choice.  I start Course #3 this upcoming weekend, and I cannot wait! 
Until next time Cake Lovers and friends....XoXo L.B.

1 comment: