Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ready-made fondant vs. Marshmallow fondant

Happy Tuesday!

Over the weekend I had my first trial run at making a fondant cake, you can see the picture of the cake in my post from yesterday.  After making the cake I struggled with whether or not I would actually cut into and eat it. You're probably asking me why not just eat the cake?  Well...  My fondant cake was by far my favorite cake, so I knew it would take me a second to finally cut into it.  I finally cut into the cake last night, mainly because I wanted to taste the fondant. I have been receiving several reviews about how ready-made fondant does not have a great taste. After tasting the cake last night, I will say the taste was not that bad.  After a few of the reviews I heard, I was expecting the ready-made fondant to taste like cardboard.  Though it did not have the sweetest of all tastes, I did taste a hint of sugar. If I had to give ready-made fondant a grade, I would give it a B-.  

Now that I completed the task of making an entire cake out of ready-made fondant, I wanted to try my hand at marshmallow fondant (also known as MMF).  Let me just say, the reviews were positive across the board on the taste of marshmallow fondant.  Last night after getting home from teaching my Zumba class, I made up a batch of marshmallow fondant.  Yesterday during the day I did several searches online for a marshmallow fondant recipe that would be easy for me to follow.  I found one recipe in particular that I liked and I was able to create my marshmallow fondant with ease.  It took me about 20 minutes total to create the fondant.  Since I was not using the fondant immediately, I placed it in saran wrap and then sealed it in a plastic bag.  I am working on a project for this upcoming weekend in which I will use my marshmallow fondant. I will say, while making the marshmallow fondant I did taste it and it tasted AMAZING! So my grade for the taste of marshmallow fondant is an A+!  

I will let you know how the marshmallow fondant worked for my project later on the week.  :-)

So tell me, besides marshmallow fondant what other ready-made brands do you recommend? 

~L.B~


No comments:

Post a Comment