Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Happy Tuesday!

So I am sure you have noticed that my blog is called 'Cakes & Sweet...Oh my!' right? Well last Friday, I decided to explore the 'sweets' by making homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch.  Let me just say that I am happy that I had a lot of spare time on Friday evening.  Since I am always on the go, I decided to just relax on Friday evening as I had a busy weekend planned.  During last week, I decided that I wanted to surprise my boyfriend and make him some homemade cinnamon rolls.  I found the perfect recipe on the Carnal Dish website.  The recipe was very easy to follow and provided pictures of what the dough should look like at each step.  I am a visual person, so I loved that fact that pictures were provided.  

This was my first time making anything from scratch, especially dough.  For me the homemade dough reminded me of fondant, especially when it came to kneading it.  I was pleased with the fact that I was able to transfer some of my cake baking skills over. It makes me feel as though everything is coming together along my baking journey.  As I stated above, I am happy that I had a lot of spare time available as extra time as it is definitely needed for allowing the dough to rise properly.  There are four basic steps to making home made cinnamon rolls, as noted below:
  1. Prep your space
  2. Prepare the dough
  3. Make the filling 
  4. Prepare the icing 
Several hours later after completing the above steps, I completed my first set of homemade cinnamon rolls!  

Check out the picture below and let me know what you think!



Oh and in case you were wondering, my boyfriend LOVED the cinnamon rolls and enjoyed his surprise!  

Until my next baking adventure....

~L.B~

3 comments:

  1. Hi from your newest follower! I saw your blog on Amy at One Preppy Cookie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cinnamon rolls look just like Cinnabon but I bet way healthier! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Southern Fried Bride - Thank you so much for following my blog! :-)

    @ykandi22z - Thank you!!! They were so good! I definitely plan to make some again, in the near future. :-)

    ReplyDelete