Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My first cupcake order - COMPLETE!

So.... I completed my FIRST cupcake order!  In my last posting I mentioned that I received my first cupcake order for birthday cupcakes.  A good friend of mine is having a birthday tomorrow, so I made her some special birthday cupcakes.  My original idea was to put bow fondant toppers on all of the cupcakes, but then my idea took a turn.  I wanted to incorporate numbers and stars into my plan as well.  So in addition to the bow toppers, I made double fondant layer stars and placed the number '30' on each of them.  I am starting to realize that whenever I have a plan for my cupcakes, the plan always seem to deviate and come together in the end.  In order to bring the bows together with the stars, I put stars in the middle of the bows.  

Check out the final results below:


I received feedback from my friend and she loves them! Of course this puts a huge smile on my face.  I was more than happy to make these cupcakes for her, especially for her birthday.

Happy Birthday Shane'a!  :-)

Until next time cake lovers & friends...

~L.B~


No comments:

Post a Comment